- Homelessness/Poverty When you’re living a comfortable life, it’s hard to imagine not knowing where your next meal will come from, where you’ll sleep, and how you will survive from day to day. Sadly, millions of people – many of them children, wake up each day homeless, and/or facing the debilitating consequences of extreme poverty. Make a difference for them by donating to some of these worthy organizations.
- Adoption,. Are you longing to have a child? Think about adoption. There are thousands of children who are longing to have parents, too.
Visit the following links for more information.
- Advocacy & Public Policy Join the board of your favorite child/family-oriented non-profit organization. Make a commitment! Making a difference for our children means rolling up our sleeves, and doing something to help. It might mean WRITING A CHECK, it might mean GIVING YOUR TIME. Be involved with your local and state legislators. Contact them about the educational, health, security issues of the children in your city, town, or state. Afraid your voice won’t be heard? Remember the ancient poet Hesiod: “If you put a little on a little, soon it will become a lot.”
- Health and Medical Resources. Children suffer from many illnesses and diseases, and as parents, it is our responsibility to safeguard them. Though many illnesses are preventable or curable with appropriate and timely interventions, others are not so accommodating to medical interventions.There are numerous health and medical resources available online, as well as charitable organizations that would benefit mightily from your help and your generosity.
- Education. Knowledge is freedom. Most of us take our education for granted, but for many individuals worldwide, the idea of receiving an education is only a dream. Help make these dreams a reality.
- Emergency Relief. Natural disasters can shatter dreams and destroy lives in a heartbeat. Sadly, we have seen how man-made disasters, like terrorism and war, can cripple society with devastating long-term consequences. Natural disasters can do the same. Recovery from natural and man-made disasters requires enormous long-term relief efforts, and the compassion and dedication ofmany caring individuals — the unsung heroes of our time.
- Environment.Everyone should get to enjoy the great outdoors, and there are many wonderful places to explore. Here are a few great reasons to take care of our planet: Save our children and save our eartg to protect the planet by making ecologically sound, environmentally friendly solutions fit into your lifestyle. There are many informational sites online to help you consider ways to make a difference. Visit as many sites as you can, and start protecting the planet and its valuable natural resources today. The future depends on it.
- Foster Care. On any given year, there are hundreds of thousands of children in foster care-many of whom are waiting for adoptive families. The following organizations provide guidance and information for individuals interested in adoption, and/or helping out with foster care.
- Global Communities. We are all in this together. It sounds like an overused sentiment, but its true. The current global warming dialog should make that fact crystal clear. But millions of our global relatives are having difficulties many of us cannot even imagine. Limited though we may be to our own experiences and perspectives, it is vital that we view issues with a global sensitivity. Visit these links to take a look at the big picture; to see what is going on outside our own backyard. Be a good global neighbor and lend a helping hand. Remember – we share the air, the sea, the sky, the sun, the moon…it goes on and on. And it will clearly take a concerted effort on all of our parts to ensure that it does go on and on.
- Hunger. Can you imagine not being able to feed your children? Can you even recall the last time you had to go without a meal? Unless you’re fasting for religious or health reasons, most of us take our food, clothing and shelter for granted. However, for many people across the globe these fundamental basics are a daily struggle, and a miracle when they do appear. Take judgment out of the equation; lend a hand up to people who find themselves out of food, out of a home, and out of hope. Visit these sites to see what you can do.
- Mentors. The average reading level of a United States citizen is less than high school level — in other words, ninth grade. Worldwide, the statistics are equally as sobering. This should be a clarion call to all of us to make sure our children get the education they need so they can survive and thrive as productive citizens. How do you make sure they get the help they need? Find a mentor. Children can benefit from mentors. Mentors are concerned adults who may or may not be family members — who participate in their lives. Many kids don’t have the resources to get the help they need with homework, class curriculum, and college and career advice. Mentors can make a huge difference. You can help.
- Shop & Give. What could be easier? Go shopping for things you need, and donate a portion to a charitable organization. You can shop online, but there are also several retail shops that donate to worthy causes. Check out these links to see how you can shop and give.
- Sports. All kids need to play, exercise their bodies, and enjoy nature. You can make sure disadvantaged kids get the opportunity to do so.
- Wellness & Nutrition.Children’s nutrition and wellbeing are among the world’s most pressing concerns. With the rise of childhood obesity and diabetes in this country, and malnutrition and poverty in many parts of the world, we clearly must focus on prevention and healthy practices to ensure the quality of life we desire for our kids. Globally, we are also concerned with measles, HIV-Aids, traumatic stress-related disorders, and other serious issues that threaten children’s health and wellbeing. Visit these sites to see what you can do to help.
SAVE OUR CHILDREN
JL TAMAN BENDUNGAN ASAHAN 5 JAKARTA PUSAT, JAKARTA INDONESIA 10210
PHONE : (021) 70081995 – 5703646
email : email@example.com
Foundation in Chief :
Dr WIDODO JUDARWANTO
Copyright © 2009, Save The Children Indonesia Network Information Education Network. All rights reserved.